Aidpage is a
support network.
Ask for help
Offer help
Sign up now
Talking about:
21,340 posts
138,971 visits

What's on your heart and mind today?

show starting post by SysBot
Show newest posts...
Could really use some help.... I am out of diapers for my newborn and my 1 1/2 yr old. Please if someone can donate some to help me buy them diapers I would appreciate it.
Talk to chevygurl
 in response to jujuhebron...   All will be well no matter wat u are going through your problem will never be more than you in Jesus name amen
Talk to Gift44
 in response to bookworm2011...   I sure did. I've actually made several complaints. Its just so hard. My kids are so unhappy here
Talk to daisylucas71

 in response to daisylucas71...   California is a hard place to live, expensive. With your troubles in housing on top of that I know its got to be difficult finding help. the living conditions sound deplorable. Have you tried going through the housing authority to file an official complaint? Is by any chance the home you are living in a HUD home? If it is, then you can definitely file a complaint, here is the link for your city. 


Talk to bookworm2011
bulldog lover
 in response to MzRisssA...   Thank you so much for your info. You have given me hope,and i will certainly try some of the agencies that you have mentioned. I am overwhelmed that you took your time to get back to me with this valuable info, God Bless you for that. I am from Tennessee, but have lived in Mississippi for the last 18 years. Ms does not have a lot of programs that help people in my situation. I am so very
grateful to you for telling me about these programs. I will be in contact with my Congressman tomorrow. I hope that everything is going well for you. It is obvious that you have really done alot of research to help people. With all my heart i thank you. My prayers will include you tonight. I believe that God puts people in your path to help you, and i am so grateful that you have helped me.
Talk to bulldog lover
Just Me-- Marisa
 in response to jujuhebron...   ) Government Benefits Websites helps provide personalized access to government assisted programs. This online program is free and confidential. All you have to do is answer a series of questions about yourself and then will provide you with a list of government programs you may be eligible to receive along with application information. The site will provide both state and federal programs to assist you. Contact: 800-FED-INFO;
BenefitsCheckUp is a service of the National Council on the Aging helping Americans connect with government programs. This online database searches federal, state, some local and public benefits for adults 55 years old and older. It contains over 1,100 different programs and on average there are 50 to 70 programs available to individuals per state. The online questionnaire is free, confidential and takes about 30 minutes to complete. If you want to find all of the
benefits you qualify this is a great place to start. For information contact BenefitsCheckUp,
Low income veterans who are permanently or totally disabled or 65 years old may be eligible for pension benefits from the US government. The military also offers survivor benefits for surviving spouses and unmarried children of deceased veterans with wartime service. There are some restrictions so you will need to apply to the Veterans Administration. Contact: Veteran Benefits, 810 Vermont Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20420; 800-827-1000;
Help With Credit And Daily Expenses

State Money Programs
Every state government has dozens of money programs that help people pay their expenses. The problem is that there is never one central place to look. You have to go agency by agency, or department by department and search for what is available. Some good departments to start are health, agriculture, commerce, and social services. You can find them by dialing 411 and asking for your state capitol operator or by going to the web at and clicking on your state. When I looked at Ohio, I scrolled down to the Executive Branch and looked at the Department listings. I saw Department of Job & Family Services and saw what they had to offer. Many of the state programs are offered at the local and county levels, and they can direct you to the correct resource.

Volunteer Organizations
There are a number of national volunteer organizations around the country that offer grants and other free services to solve problems for people in their community. Find your local club for each of the organizations below and contact them for information on their programs. These organizations run programs that offer money for: -day care services -summer camp -scholarships -travel -free eye glasses -cataract surgeries -health problems -medical equipment, and -money for emergencies
Kiwanis International 3636 Woodview Trace Indianapolis, IN 46268-3196 317-875-8755 http://www.kiwanis.orgfind a local Kiwanis club
United States Junior Chamber P.O. Box 7 Tulsa, OK 74102 1-800-JAYCEES find a local Jaycees chapter option=com_mtree&task=listcats&cat_id=95&Itemid=177
Lions Clubs International 300 W 22nd Street Oak Brook, IL 60523 630-571-5466 ext 356 630-571-5466 ext 356 find a local lions club
Catholic Charities USA 1731 King St., #200 Alexandria, VA 22314 703-549-1390
Over 14,000 local organizations offer a variety of services for many different community problems including child care, elderly services, emergency financial services, rental assistance, and more. To find an office near you go to their main web site and see Find Your Local Catholic Charities Agency and put in your state.
Salvation Army National Headquarters 615 Slaters Lane P.O. Box 269 Alexandria, VA 22313 703-684-5500
Families in need can receive a wide range of services including utility assistance, transitional housing emergency food, clothing, and more. For an office near you, contact the headquarters above.
United Way of America 701 North Fairfax St. Alexandria, VA 2314 703-836-7112
To find a local chapter go to the web site and enter your zip code in the upper left corner. The United Way is a national organization that raises money for thousands of local non-profit organizations who offer money and services to people in their community. Your local United Way can identify non-profits in your area that may offer the resources or services you are looking for.
Talk to Just Me-- Marisa
Just Me-- Marisa
 in response to MizHead...   @MizHead.... You will do GREAT
Talk to Just Me-- Marisa
i am a single mom with three kids; a seven year old and twin two year olds. i am in desperate need of any assistance; my husband left a week ago and with him my rent and utility bills money for the month. my rent is due Thursday by 5pm and i have exhausted every option. i am willing to work for money; housecleaning, babysitting, any odd jobs. please email me at if there is anything you can do to help us. any donations of any kind will be appreciated.
Talk to jujuhebron
 in response to MzRisssA...   great info, now I just need to figure out how to put it to use. 53 years old and didn't grow up in the age of computers... email and facebook, lol
Talk to MizHead
What do you do when you fall thru the cracks, we have dental insurance but can't afford the part it doesn't cover. We lost our home do to my husbands last job and it ruined out credit. I really need dental work, especially these two broken teeth fixed and these old 80's fillings out, ugh. Any ideas??? What good does it do to have dental insurance it doesn't cover anything but the basic's.
Talk to MizHead
Hello everyone! hope everyone is having a good day today. I'm kind of in a bind right now, my electric bill and house payment were due at the same time and the electric company would not work with me so now I need $400 to make my house payment. I am working and would be able to pay it back at $100 a week, so if there is anyone out there who could help me or lead me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
Talk to ET98
 in response to bookworm2011...   Its no problem. Im writing this out through an old cell phone that has wifi and its hard to type alot out lol plus like I said before I know some people don't feel like reading a novel. I just don't know what to do. California us broke and there really isn't a whole lot of help out here. Im just hoping to find someone willing to help
Talk to daisylucas71
 in response to daisylucas71...   Im just trying to help you so everyone understands your story as you said, much that is posted here is BS and if someone were able to help your family out, I am sure they would need some things clarified thats all. good luck
Talk to bookworm2011
 in response to bookworm2011...   I don't consider someone doing this to me family. Other then her I have no other family. I sent my husband a red cross message and he came home within a week. He'd only been out there less then a month. He was home for a month on a vacation andwent back out. As for the people living here, the woman keeps bringing people to live. Here. I've complained humorous times but I guess money talks. I didn't write everything down because its just way to much to put down. I didn't think everyone wanted to read a novel
Talk to daisylucas71
Just Me-- Marisa
Steal A Home From A Crook Imagine getting first shot at properties owned by failed savings and loan corporations, sleazebag outfits that speculated with old people's pensions, then went crying to Uncle Sam when the money went bye-bye. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) has set up a hotline for a listing of properties for sale from failed savings and loans. Contact the FDIC, 1910 Pacific Ave., Dallas, TX 75201; 800-568-9161 or 888-206-4662; E-mail:;
Talk to Just Me-- Marisa
 in response to delayinamwallace...   Hi,
I mailed off the clothes today for your baby and a couple small gifts for her birthday...I hope it helps :)
Talk to bookworm2011
Just Me-- Marisa
Free/Low-Cost Dental Services
The Department of Health supports Safety Net Dental Clinics, which usually see patients that do not have other access to dental care. The dental treatment is either done for free or a sliding scale is offered. Each program has its own limitations and availability of appointments, so call first to find out the requirements of a clinic near you; for more information, call: 1-877-PA-HEALTH
Income Eligibility: Determined on a case-by-case basis.
Talk to Just Me-- Marisa
Just Me-- Marisa
 in response to MzRisssA...   Select Font-Size : A | A | A
Money for a Car to Get to Work - 4/25/12

There are federal programs as well as state programs to help people with limited incomes keep their vehicles on the road so that they can get back and forth to work, focusing on those trying to get off welfare. Some states will even give you money for driver's education or to pay for a driver's license. The issue, like the programs for free cars, is to help people make it to work. These programs are organized like a patchwork quilt in most areas involving federal, state, county and non-profit organizations.

To start looking for programs like this in your area, contact your local congressman's office (, your job service office ( or your local Social Services ( They won't know about all the programs, but can probably give you some starting places. Most branches of the Goodwill Industries have a Wheels-to-Work program. Other programs can be found by typing in the keywords “Wheels-to-Work” in an Internet search engine. These programs are obviously only for those who live in the area.

Here is just a sampling of the Wheels-to-Work programs that we found:

Sioux Empire Wheels to Work, 805 Pam Road, Sioux Falls, SD 57105 ; 605-941-4318;
Bucks County Housing Group, Inc, 2324 2nd Street Pike, Suite 17, Wrightstown, PA 18940, 866-WLZ-2WRK, ext. 15, (866-959-2975, ext. 15);
Goodwill Industries of North Carolina, 1235 S. Eugene St. , Greensboro , NC 27406-2393 , 336-275-9801, Fax: 336-274-1352;
Here Are Some Other Ideas

Vehicles for Change - They work with your local United Way to help people find vehicles for low-cost. Here is the website and contact details: and 800-835-3821
Help to Get to Work – If you are looking for transportation assistance to help you get to work, check out the Jobs Category:
Wheels-to-Work – Most branches of the Goodwill Industries have a Wheels-to-Work program, which helps keep your car on the road so you can get to work. Enter your zip code to find a program in your area:
Ways to Work – This is a loan program that provides small, short-term, low-interest loans to working poor families with challenging credit histories. They help families remain in or move forward in a job. To find a loan office in your area, go to: or call: 866-252-7171
Working Cars for Working Families – More than 120 non-profit organizations work to ensure that low-wage, working families are able to get a car in order to find and keep a job. Enter your zip code to see if there is a program near you:
Good News Garage – This non-profit repairs donated cars and trucks and provides them to low-income families and individuals. They focus on maintaining people's ability to get to work. This is only available to residents in MA, NH, VT, and CT. Contact your local branch for more details:
Community Action Agency - These are local experts that can help you identify programs that might assist you with paying your living expenses: (put in your state and county)
United Way Hotline – Be sure to call 211 and investigate other potential sources of help in your area. To find your local office, go to: (put in your zip code)
Area Office on Aging – 800-677-1116 or go to:
You can look for additional help through non-profits that offer help for your specific needs. You can find non-profit foundations using two different online databases: The Foundation Center ( and GuideStar ( These databases allow you to search for assistance by your topic areas.
Talk to Just Me-- Marisa
 in response to daisylucas71...   Hi,
I am a little confused by your story. Maybe there are holes in it, but it seems inconsistent. When I was looking for resources for you, you said your husband is an independent contractor and worked in Iraq but you never hear from him due to the phone lines, its once every other month but now, its 2 weeks from that very post and he is home being threatened with a shovel? And now your husband is out of work?
The other thing I don’t quite understand is you said the landlord let a woman with her 5 kids move in and there were 12 people in the house, but now there are her 6 children and 2 of her spouses?
I know you said you have no family In the states yet you are renting from your mother? Is she and the landlord one in the same? Im sorry but the story makes no sense, the more you write the more it changes and people are going to be reluctant to help if the facts aren’t adding up.
If your story is real then maybe clear up the missing or inconsistencies so that people who are able to help you will do so without feeling like they are being scammed with a sad story.
I know many here are suffering and Im not condemning you, I just wonder if other people are reading this and asking the same questions and maybe that’s why you haven’t gotten any assistance here.
Out of curiosity, if you have no family here in the states, wouldn’t it be easier to try to relocate where there are people around that may be able to help you out?
Talk to bookworm2011
Just Me-- Marisa
 in response to bulldog lover...   A Car Or $700 To Fix Up You Car
There is a state program in Tennessee giving out free cars and even a free year's worth of insurance coverage. Pennsylvania gives out free cars but makes you pay for the insurance. North Carolina makes you pay $50 a month for only one year. That is only $600 and you get a great car. Some programs even provide free AAA service for tows and jump starts. Such programs are normally called "Wheels To Work" and they are popping up all over the country. The government knows that working parents cannot drop off a child at day care, pick up food at the store and get back and forth to work and school on time by using public transportation. To start looking for programs like this in your area, contact your local congressman's office or your local social service agency. You can also check your state Department of Transportation located in your state capital or search "Wheels to Work" on your internet browser.
Talk to Just Me-- Marisa